Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer Updates

Although The Review is not publishing until September, there are still several ways for you to stay in touch with what's happening on campus while you're relaxing by the pool this summer:
  • For breaking stories, we will post updates on udreview.com. This summer. we have already covered Commencement exercises, the university's alumni weekend, and the suspension of Hens' assistant football coach Brian Ginn. Stay tuned for our coverage of the demolition of the Gilbert residence hall complex, which is set to begin July 6.

  • Register to receive our breaking news alerts.

  • Check our blogs regularly. The Review's five bloggers are posting regularly about a variety of topics, including Blue Hen sports, the environment, entertainment, music and fashion.

  • Follow us on Twitter. Throughout the summer we will be tweeting breaking news, as well as pictures and observations from around campus.
  • Become a fan of The Review on Facebook. We use our Facebook profile to post article links, add photo galleries and communicate with readers.
Have a great summer and be sure to pick up The Review's While You Were Gone special issue, available on campus, around Newark and online Sept. 4.

~Josh Shannon, editor in chief

1 comment:

GoneAway said...

Dear Editor in Chief Josh Shannon,

My name is Stephen Boerner. I just graduated from UD and I am doing well in my new job with Sun Life Financial. But that is not why I am writing. When I went to college my father told me that he would complete his first novel by the time I graduated from college. Well, he did it, and it is based on a story he told my sister and I when we were children. He has, of course, transformed it into a marvelous epic saga that blew me away when I read it. It has been picked up by a publisher in New York and he will soon be having a release date. I would like to tell this remarkable story of writing, the hours, the dedication, because my Dad had never written anything like this in his life, and he accomplished it exactly as he promised. It is a great story of his struggle to be a good writer and my struggle to be successful at UD.

I would also like to ask if there is anyone on staff who could review the book for the paper and then set up a book signing for him on campus. Since I was co-captain of the Golf team for several years I would be able to get sponsorship for the event, or better maybe we could get another organization more tied to writing and authors to sponsor the event.

If you think this could be a good human interest story that could dovetail into a sponsored author and a book signing let me know. I am ready to write, because I am really proud of my Dad. I think it would be a great public relations event for The Review as well.

You can write to me at this e mail since my work e mail is still not set up until I finish training.

flyers1@enter.net.

Thank you for your consideration.

Stephen Boerner / Class of 2009